- Have a great real estate team in place to watch your back!
- We want to keep everything on track to close ON TIME.
- Delays in the close date can lose you $ (ex. extending an interest rate lock on your new loan; rescheduling movers, etc.). This can be stressful!
- If you have back to back closings and the first one gets delayed, it can potentially put your 2nd deal in jeopardy...ouch!
- Some other things to avoid while under contract:
- Don't change jobs and if you have to, call your lender immediately
- Try not to lose your job while under contract...sometimes this one is unavoidable, for sure. Just know the lender will verify employment up to the close date
- Avoid any big purchases
- Basically, while under contract avoid buying anything until AFTER you've contacted your lender and verified how the purchase may impact the loan
- There's LOTS more to consider when it comes to potential delays...watch the video to learn more!
Tips for Avoiding Closing Delays!
Assembling your team of real estate professionals is key when it comes to achieving a successful closing. Choose wisely and avoid all of these potential problems!
Buying or Selling a home? Consider giving us a call: 303-345-8715.
Keelan McCamey, Realtor